- Revel in scent. Find a fragrance that you love — and wear it with aplomb! Apply a spritz to pulse points, and add oomph by layering a body lotion in your scent on top.
- Play up your “flaw.” A crooked nose, thin lips, a crazy cowlick — embrace them and play them up with color or a great haircut. Loving every bit of you, even the so-called less-than-perfect parts, is the ultimate in sexiness.
- Try hair color. As we age, our hair loses its luster. Hair color actually adds sexy sheen to the hair. Hint: Dark shades are shinier than light ones.
- Go for pink lips. Pink isn’t just for teenagers! Try a rose lipstick, which brings out the color in your cheeks and looks great on almost any skin tone. Top it with gloss for shine.
- Buff your nails. Long, polished nails are elegant, but nothing is sexier than the natural look of healthy, pink, shiny buffed nails.
- Moisturize. Skin naturally gets drier as we age, and flakes and ashiness are the opposite of sexy. Apply a rich body cream after you shower to lock in skin’s moisture.
- Buck the trends. Following the beauty trends — without staying true to what you know looks great on you — can make you look like you’re trying too hard. Instead, use the trends that work for you, and pass on the rest.
- Try tooth-whitening. Years of cigarettes, cola, and red wine can give teeth an unsexy stain. Today’s at-home whitening options, such as Crest Whitestrips, make getting a brilliantly alluring smile easy and inexpensive.
- Get blushed. Skin looks its most radiant when it sports a bit of color. Add a shot of flush with a pink or peach powder blush. Apply with a light hand for the softest look.
- Add volume. Hair with height hearkens back to the days of ’50s pinups. Get modern-looking fullness by applying a volumizer to the roots of hair, and then using a brush to pull locks straight up as you blow-dry.